As a frequent flyer member, you are entitled to certain perks and benefits apart from saving money on your travel bills. There’s an array of activities that can help to stack up those air miles. And the best part is, you can put the accumulated air miles to good use by redeeming them while going about your necessary day-to-day activities or while availing certain services that in effect, contribute to your savings. Mentioned in this post are some of the best ways to earn air miles.
You do not always have to dole out a princely sum to book a flight to earn air miles. You can earn air miles while shopping, dining out, refuelling your car, renting a car or making your monthly electricity and water bill payments and phone recharges. How to redeem those air miles that you have been collecting?
Just as earning air miles can be done in more ways than just flying, you can redeem them too in multiple ways. Here are the five most popular ways to redeem your air miles:
- Book Flights: This should be a no-brainer. You can book flight tickets using accrued air miles. From over 1000 destinations to choose from, you have innumerable options to book a flight to your dream destination using your air miles for an award flight. And you don’t have to travel with the principal airline only; you can redeem air miles for booking tickets with a wide variety of airline partners. The air miles needed depends on various factors such as destination, ticket class, date of travel, etc.
- Book a hotel: Not just flights, but you can also book hotel stays using air miles. You can book a hotel for yourself or your friends and family. Top hotel-booking partner brands provide beautiful stays and great deals on the reservation. With lakhs of hotels to choose from worldwide, you can now make the most of your trips and vacations.
- Filling Fuel: Some programs let you fill fuel at select outlets using your air miles. And the process is quite straightforward. Just mention your membership number to the attendant while making the payment. You will get an OTP on your mobile number which needs to be shared with the attendant. The air miles used are deducted from your account.
- Reward store: You can go to the reward store on the official website of your program to use up your air miles in buying things that you like. There is a vast array of objects on sale. Starting from electronics, luggage and travel commodities, household appliances, cookware, home décor to fashion products, accessories, health and beauty products, toys and other stuff for kids, there is a wide range of products for you to choose from.
- Gift or Transfer Airmiles: Confused about the ultimate gift? You can redeem air miles by gifting or transferring your air miles to your friends or family members. You can either buy air miles for them or transfer your air miles from your account to theirs. Of course, they’d have to be a member of the same program as well.
With so many options at hand, now you can easily redeem your accumulated air miles for stellar deals and rewards. If you are not yet part of a frequent flyer program, make sure you choose one that offers you multiple options to use your air miles. Most importantly, it should allow you to book flight tickets of other airlines as well apart from the principal airline using the miles. For instance, you can redeem JPMiles of the JetPrivilege Program to book flight tickets, not just with the principal airlines but most of the prominent airlines around the globe to fly to a destination of your choice.